The Unionville Minor Softball Association (UMSA) is open to any girl or boy in and around the Markham or Unionville area born between 1995 to 2012 inclusive.
With registration, players will receive the following:
- An age targeted skill development clinic (not for Blast/Tee 3 Pitch) from experienced development instructors
- Optional pitching clinic sessions through Softball Ontario’s CANPitch Program starting in March, with multiple sessions running until May
- Optional skill development sessions starting in March
- A team uniform, which includes a hat, jersey, and pants
- A team and player photo
- Diamond Permit fees for practice and weekly games
- 2 tournaments (Opening Weekend & Playoffs)
- Liability Insurance
- Diamond and Team Equipment
- Trophies & Awards
- Lots of FUN from May to September
Games are held weekly – always on the same night. UMSA has served Unionville/Markham with fastball-softball since 1969 and runs between May and early September.
Unionville Minor Softball Association (UMSA) is a not for profit organization, run by volunteers and funded by registration fees and generous sponsors. We are fully insured. Permit fees are paid to the City of Markham for the use of local diamonds, located within the area bordered by Hwy. 7/McCowan/Major Mac/Woodbine. For those wishing a slightly more competitive experience in addition to house league, players 8 and older may tryout for their age group SPARTANS Select team. We encourage youth, 13 & older, to sign up to umpire. Volunteer age 15 & older may also acquire their community service volunteer requirements as each year there are several opportunities to get involved within the community. UMSA also promotes their senior players, age 16 & older to attend coaching clinics.
If you would like to volunteer it would be greatly appreciated!
UMSA can be reached at 905-604-0190 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org